Assignments during School Closure
Please see Ms. Kaim's Class on Google Classrooms for details
Daily News: Go to the Blog Page on this site.
Here are some online sites to explore while schools are closed (or anytime!)
- Mystery Science (great videos and easy-to-prepare activities)
- Explore (live webcams: pandas in China and lots more!)
- National Geographic for Kids (always worth visiting)
- History for Kids (check out the Asian history section)
- Scholastic Learn at Home (This is an excellent resource; it has daily lessons on a variety of topics.)
- Engineering Activities (I have not personally checked out all the links provided here, but they look worth investigating.)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
Here are a few non-digital enrichment activities to print out.
Finally, I think a wonderful way for your child to use some of his/her time away from school would be to spread kindness to others. One way to do this would be to write letters or draw pictures to send to the elderly in nursing homes who aren't allowed visitors right now. Keeping the practice of social distancing in mind, if you have other ideas like this, please share them. Being able to do something positive for others also has a positive impact on the giver!
Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible.