Today, let's think about the amazing little pink dude that usually lives in 104! Pinky the Axolotl is staying with Zada and her family during the school closure. They have made a video about Pinky for you to watch. Pinky is thrilled to finally be the movie superstar he has always dreamed of being!
- Read this National Geographic Kids article about axolotls to learn more about them.
- We have read selections from Sandra Markle's What If You Had series about animals. Now it is your turn to write a piece based on the pattern she uses in her books!
- Ms. Markle has a blog post which takes you through the steps she uses in her books. It is based on the idea of her next book What if You Had an Animal Tongue, but you will write about something else.
- What if you had an axolotl's gills!?
- Write at least three sentences describing what that would be like and why it would be fun to have for a while.
- Draw a picture of yourself with an axolotl's gills.
- Write at least three sentences describing why you like having human lungs.
- Ask a parent to take a photo of you and your project. I will share it with your classmates.
- Tell someone a joke. Here is one of Pinky's favorites!
Q: Why are salamanders such great students?
A: Because they axolotl questions!
- Color a picture of an axolotl.
- Remind yourself and others to do the following: